Whenever it gets hot here (high today: 97 F), the entire campus degenerates from its usually active state into a sluggish and torpid mass. Students stop playing tennis, biking, even going outdoors. No one can concentrate on studying because of the heat simmering in their un-air conditioned dorm rooms (yes, that's right, not a single dorm on campus has AC). People either escape to the cooled classrooms on campus, or close their windows, pull their curtains, and lay low in their rooms until the sun sets.
I, being too lazy to find a suitable building to escape to, always opt for the latter. Today I idled in my room looking up restaurants for 5 hours, ate a lot of ice cream and took a cold shower, and am now blogging. Yes, I'm from Texas, but Texas has air conditioning EVERYWHERE! I am spoiled. And the heat makes me sleepy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment